Tuesday, June 29, 2010

"Chicken That Daddy Ate All"

Yes, this is what my kids call it. Definitely my favorite dish, but now I actually save some for them. There's just something about the combination of ginger and soy sauce that makes my mouth water. It takes me back to my first visit to a Beni-Hana restaurant with it's simple asian flavors and healthy ingredients. I would recommend building this recipe around fresh asparagus when the price comes down at the market....

Ingredients:

2T cooking oil
4 cloves garlic (minced)
¾ lb. green beans or asparagus
1 lb. boneless pork loin or chicken

Sauce:
½ cup sugar
½ cup soy sauce
1t fresh minced ginger or ½ t ground ginger
¼ cup sesame oil
¼ cup rice wine vinegar

Recipe:
Heat pan first to medium heat and add the oil once the pan is hot. Add
The garlic and stir until slightly browned.
Add vegetables and pork (or chicken) and cook until done. Push them
To the side of the pan or wok.
Blend the sugar, soy, ginger, sesame oil and vinegar before adding them
To the pan.
Add the sauce to the pork (or chicken) and vegetables and coat them
Thoroughly. Serve immediately over rice (or rice noodles)

No comments:

Post a Comment